Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Final Duty

The final duty of men is Love. In our everyday inter-action we must constantly be in the state of Pure Love. Doing good and being kind is not enough.

   We can give alms to the poor without Love. We can perform excellent job without Love. We can help an old lady cross the street without Love. We can like all the Facebook status without Love. We can even do amazing humanitarian work with No Love. And sometimes people pray without Love.
   Jesus actually summarizes the 10 Commandment into just two fold of Love: Love God above all then Love your neighbor. 
   In the Last Discourse of Jesus in The Book of John He gave a puzzling commandment. Why did He call "Love one another as a new commandment"?  Did it means that There was no Loving one another in the Old testament? It was obvious that Commandment 3 onwards to 10 was about Loving another so what was Jesus talking about? 
   The answer is by simply looking at the exact word in John 13: 33-36
‘Little children, I am with you only a little longer. You will look for me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, “Where I am going, you cannot come.” I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.’ Simon Peter said to him, ‘Lord, where are you going?’
"Just as I Love you"!  That's the New Commandment.... Jesus is and was in a constant state of love... even when He overthrew those tables at God's temple, it was done because He care so much for their soul. He even gave up His life because of this Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment