Thursday, November 28, 2013

Acquaintance in Oil

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee 

Happy 73rd Birthday Bruce Lee !!!


Unlike waterbase paint, where you get instant result...in oil paint I have to wait. It was totally a different approach as far as I'm concern. Still getting the hang of it. I have to waste so many paint until I get the result I want.
Finally, well at least the above painting enables me to understand the basics. Discovering oil paint all by my self is sometimes frustrating. Below was my actual first attempt, a portrait for Aubrey. It just turn out that I'll be more incline to create impressionism for this medium. The consistency of oil to dry very slow allows more playful blending yet my patience can't keep up at first. So I rely on this strokes...which is by the way, I termed Im-Fher-sionism. Which you can check on previous post. 


Then I understand what Van Gogh was trying to say. 






No comments:

Post a Comment