Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Artist Conference and SketchPod 2 Exhibit


Packed with fruitful events these past days....First there was this 1st Artist Conference by Freedom Art Society held at Antipolo City in Marbella Palace resort. July 18-19, 2016. From BiƱan I leave at exactly 6 AM and reach the venue by 10AM. Rex Beo talk focus on art preservations, but only partial of the tips I've heard because he was already up-front talking when I arrived. Fidel Sarmineto deals about different styles and Philippine Art History. Then Tina Balajadia discusses the legalism on Art trades which I've skipped... what I've really enjoyed and took into my heart was the speech of Gallerist Mark Shellshear....very uplifting and an eye-opener. 
Needed this break too and thanks for the swimming pool I was able to do a few stroke...oh my lungs isn't that good anymore. 


drinking session with AAP President Fidel Sarmiento. 
Rex Beo an expert on Art preservation signing certificates 

inspiring talk from Curator Mark Shellshear



 


I won an original Fidel Sarmiento during a raffle fun time. 


Then the SketchPod 2 at Arte Pintura Gallery follows the next day (July 19) opening 6PM I have to wait 'coz we were dismissed around 11Am from Marbella resort...this I took the chance to walk around Mega Mall, bought some art materials... 
The show was by far a success being there side by side with names like Taniguchi, Penaso, Boquirin, De Pio, Mallari, etc.... was enough for me to be happy...now I chose to be happy in all things...see all things as good. The way God planned it to be. I enjoy life.....nothing can bring me down...even if an enforcer ticketed me for littering....oh well....



I am proud to brag that collectors and even fellow artist were amaze on my exhibition pieces, especially Da Vinci's Brew ... and I'm sure there will be a collector who will buy it. It would be a first time sale for me. Gotta have that sweeping Luck. I have to make a name somehow in the market...the actual first sold piece I had was for the benefit auction of a fellow artist so I don't call it a sale at all. When is my time? I am hoping  for a gallery or broker who will sell me as an artist not just my artworks. 
Anyway, there is a promising promotion for me once my commission's for the Coleman reach America. I knew I gave it very cheap and way too low for my effort and yet what I was thinking ahead on these...anyway, how can I command a price if they don't see me having my work shipped abroad. The underpaid artist for now.... it is okay, because I know my value will magically increase in time.... soon. 

  

 

 


My advise to Newbies....huwag nyo nang gayahin ang mga Veterans nating Snob. Hehe.Try nyo i-achieve ang Mr. & Ms. Friendship award tuwing may event....napakahalagang asset nyan sabi ng mga Expert.
Whether you Like it or Not...most of the time, it's the Artist that sell Not the Artwork.
Just kidding sa mga veterans, minsan they are waiting lang na pansinin nyo sila. Do your homework guys, alamin ang mga Names ng Who's Who sa Art scene...and iwasan ang pag-Edit ng Picture para madali kayo makilala.


1st winner of my B-day coffee giveaway.
also giving support during our opening show... Lyka Shine Hollero.


But at the end of the day, I've realized that Art in itself is vanity...meaning Nothing. All were just a show.. fakers...and self-adulation. It is not the hero worship that I seek ...oh yes, convince me on this...  

Obsequious flattery from those who don't really understand the working of the minds...or who really thinks when they create. 

SKETCHPOD 2016 at Arte Pintura Gallery
THE ADDRESS Condominium at Wack Wack
Lobby, Wack Wack Road, Mandaluyong City
JULY 19 – AUGUST 2, 2016
PARTICIPATING ARTISTS: 
SAM PENASO
RACHAEL ESCALAW
RICCI DUENAS
ARIS BAGTAS
RED MANSUETO
GIG DE PIO
KIKO ESCORA
TOTI CERDA
FITZ HERRERA
EGAI TALUSAN
MARIO DE RIVERA
ERWIN PINEDA
HERMES ALEGRE
LYDIA VELASCO
PONG BAYOG
JOSELITO JANDAYAN
RAUL LEBAJO
LEI MANTO
ALRASHDI MOHAMMAD
XAVIER ABELADOR
BENJIE CABANGIS
MIGS VILLANUEVA
KITTY TANIGUCHI
JUN TIONGCO
HENRI CAINGLET
REMY BOQUIREN
ERWIN MALLARI
FHER YMAS
SIMKIN DE PIO
JENNY CORTES
ARNEL MARTICIO
REY ADEMIS
TET TET ADVINCULA
MARIA CANDIDA FLORES
REY AURELIO
FLOR BARADI
AZOR PAZCOGUIN
LUI AUMENTADO
INKA MADERA
MICHAEL ESPANOL
NELSON RICAHUERTA
ALDRON ANCHINGES
JAM GUETTA
PERRY PELLEJERA

No comments:

Post a Comment