Friday, August 23, 2013

On Fish Series


Before typhoon Labuyo and Maring devasted The Philippine Archipelago I already set up in my mind making collections of small paintings about sea creatures. One in particular that captivate me most are aquarium fishes...I am a fish tank enthusiast so a series about fishes would energize me easier to create without boring myself in the middle...
   ...as you can see, I get bored painting landscapes so I have very few works about the subject...
   I tried just recently painting flowers and I'm having a hard time polishing my acts...I probably needed more practice on this area.

   This is the first fish portraiture I made for this series....


   It was easily followed by another and another...



Well, I've been including fishes in my earlier artworks and I have always symbolize it on spiritual matters like blessings, bounty, and faith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment