Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Self-Search Years as an Artist part 1

July 10th added another year in my life...

   Poetry on my artworks appeared during my PNC- CELEC years (circa 1985-87). I've often included lines or verses on almost each and every artworks that I've created during those years. Some are directly written on the work itself or at the back of each piece. It was my most prosperous years as an artist as I've been very prolific then, creating an artwork each day or even turning up to 5 pieces per day.

   I was so full of hope then, vibrant and youthful....


   I've always wanted to impart a little story on them. "The words beneath each colors and shapes"  had been my unofficial tagline then; as well as Proverbs 16:3
"Commit thy works unto the Lord and thy thoughts shall be established."
   I was also somewhat of a philosopher during those years. Perhaps that is always the case if you are still self-searching. Exploring the truths and even trying to unravel the meaning of life. 

   The very first visual manuscript was also discovered during those years. Trying to solve the growing number of papers filing on my collections,  I've made a portfolio of them by the way; because it was the advise of our Workshop facilitators during the Cultural Center of the Philippines Summer Visual Arts workshop to keep our works for future references. The portfolio itself became my insignia and my lifetime theses. The very first book I called UnKitch was first label as a sort of Junk Art. My Colleague then at PNC became the first critique of those collections.  

   I also founded an Art group which we called SAPIN--SAmahan ng mga PIntor sa Normal (formally started in 1986) where we were able to held two group shows during my term as chairman dubbed as "Tubig-Culay, Guhit-Lapit, atbp." and "Kamalayan" exhibits. 

   CELEC means College Electoral Committee where I've been assigned to hold the Publicity Chairmanship for Two and a half years during my College day at Philippine Normal University. 

   When I have to leave PNC to work and face the reality of life, slowly that dream of a full time career as an artist slowly fades.... the reality of life has to be on top of everything. 
   I've worked from here and there...my artistry had to be set aside. I still do visit my Visual Manuscripts from time to time especially during my lowest of days. These manuscripts had undergone various transformation...evolving as I traverse into life...mostly are melancholic expressions or outpouring of sentiments. Dying dreams...of undying hopes yet blurry visions. 
   There's always my faith.  Although sometimes I falter...



   I have wandered to the wrong path and had turn into worldly things. The visions dies...left my God also and became a prodigol son. 


after the storm...the shakening, God is still faithful to his promises








No comments:

Post a Comment